Lusciously full lips have always been highly desirable, but lip injections have exploded in popularity in recent years. This is partly due to celebrity influencers pouting and posting all over our Instagram and TikTok feeds. Whether you want to be on trend or have always yearned for a plumper pout, lip fillers offer a quick and effective way to achieve fuller, more youthful lips.
Are you ready to learn why lip fillers are one of the most popular cosmetic surgery trends? Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of lip injections, including the best filler for lips, what to expect during your procedure, and how to achieve lip filler results that will pump up your smile and self-esteem.
Lip Filler Benefits
Part of the appeal of lip injections is that they are highly customizable. Some patients may want dramatically plump and sensuous lips, while others want to restore fullness to thin, aging lips. Dermal lip fillers are also considered an extremely safe treatment when administered by a qualified, experienced injector. The formulas we use are FDA-approved and contain hyaluronic acid (HA) that is safely metabolized by the body, so there is no truth to the myth that lip fillers can permanently stretch out your lips.
Here are more benefits you can achieve with lip injections:
- Better volume and definition: Lip injections can increase lip volume and fullness while adding structure to thin lips. This can also help you achieve better facial symmetry.
- Naturally fuller results: Dermal fillers contain ingredients that are naturally absorbed by the body. They are safe, well-tolerated, and produce natural-looking results. There is also a very minimal risk of allergic reactions.
- Rejuvenation: Dermal lip fillers stimulate collagen production to help your lips attain a plumped, more youthful glow. They also smooth lip lines and wrinkles to rejuvenate your smile.
- Flexibility: While lip filler results are long-lasting, they aren’t permanent, so you can change their appearance to suit your current preferences. We also offer a dermal filler removal or reversal treatment for patients seeking correction.
- Minimal downtime: While it’s normal to have some swelling and bruising, you can resume your routine right away without interruption.
- Improved confidence: Plumping your lips can also enhance your overall appearance and self-esteem.
If you’re considering lip fillers, we encourage you to view our gallery of before-and-after lip filler photos featuring actual patients. Seeing their results can inspire you to visit us to pursue your own aesthetic transformation.
Types of Lip Fillers
The Restylane® family of dermal fillers includes unique formulas that specifically target different areas of the face, including the lips. Our practice uses Restylane Silk and Restylane Kysse to help patients achieve naturally plump and luscious-looking lips. These fillers contain HA that volumizes the skin while boosting collagen production. As a bonus, Restylane also contains lidocaine, a numbing agent that minimizes pain during injections. Restylane lip filler also attracts and retains water to hydrate and boost the lips.
While Restylane Silk and Restylane Kysse effectively plump the lips with high customization and precision, they do have a few distinct differences:
This product contains smaller particles and an ultra-smooth gel consistency for more subtle lip-plumping results. Restylane Silk smooths lip wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth to give you a younger appearance. It’s administered using a very fine needle so that we can make very precise injections to achieve your desired results.
Restylane Kysse contains XPresHAn™ Technology that enhances lip volume, color, and texture while maintaining the natural, full movement of your mouth and lips. It’s an ideal choice if you want to smile, pout, and pucker up confidently.
Your Lip Filler Procedure: What To Expect
Lip injections are quick, convenient, and usually take under 30 minutes. During your consultation, we will assess your needs and goals and give you a good understanding of what to expect during your lip filler procedure. Here’s a step-by-step treatment overview:
- Before your procedure, we recommend avoiding ibuprofen and other blood thinners to help minimize side effects such as swelling and bruising.
- We apply a topical anesthetic to numb your lips.
- We use an ultra-fine cannula to inject filler into areas of the lips that need more volume or definition.
- We gently massage the lips to smooth out any lumps. We may also recommend that you do this at home to prevent the formation of lumps.
What To Expect After Your Lip Injections
You should have a visibly plumper pout almost immediately following your treatment. However, remember that your lips are highly sensitive, and they will react to injections. Don’t be alarmed by initial swelling, bruising, or “duck lips.” This can last up to a week following treatment but will gradually subside. Applying ice packs helps minimize any swelling or discomfort.
Don’t engage in strenuous exercise or expose your lips to excessive heat or sun for the first 24 hours after your lip injections. These activities can aggravate swelling and redness.
Your lip filler results can last up to a year, and we recommend touch-up treatments to maintain and maximize your plump lips.
If you’re ready to pump up the volume on your thin or aging lips, let’s explore your dermal filler options. I encourage you to request a consultation online or contact our office at (208) 676-8346 to schedule an appointment.