We are fortunate to have many body contouring options available today. My Coeur d’Alene and Spokane Smartlipo™ patients are benefitting from a proven liposuction alternative, and increasingly I am seeing men and women who want to smooth and shape their body with CoolSculpting™, a completely non-surgical option. These two treatments can achieve very different goals, and knowing the difference is important because each offers its own benefits.
CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ is beneficial for people whose fat deposits are localized. Simply put, it is:
- A non-surgical body-contouring option
- Highly effective at removing fat deposits in typical “trouble spots”
- Especially beneficial for women and men close to their ideal weight
- Best suited to those seeking a more contoured, toned look
Smartlipo is beneficial for people who want to achieve a better looking body overall. Briefly, it is:
- A minimally invasive surgical body contouring option
- Highly effective at removing unwanted fat cells in multiple areas
- Especially beneficial for women and men wanting a less invasive option to liposuction
- Best suited to those seeking a dramatically thinner, sleeker silhouette
Both options require less downtime, involve less risk and are less painful than traditional liposuction. The moral of this story? Learn more about these procedures and seek the advice of a surgeon who performs both for a more personalized recommendation about which one is right for you.