Many patients are familiar with microneedling as a safe, minimally invasive facial tightening treatment. But how much do you know about radiofrequency skin tightening? We want to familiarize you with Profound® skin tightening as an effective alternative to a nonsurgical facelift.
Let’s explore how Profound RF microneedling compares to other skin tightening treatments, such as conventional microneedling and laser resurfacing, and how you can maximize your results.
What Happens During a Profound Microneedling Treatment?
My patients are often surprised by how much a single outpatient procedure can accomplish! We administer a local anesthetic to relax you and keep you comfortable during your Profound facial tightening treatment.
Profound’s microneedles are inserted into the skin to deliver RF energy to the tissue just beneath it. Both the microneedles and the RF energy prompt the body’s natural healing response, stimulating collagen production to rejuvenate the skin. While you should experience no pain during the procedure, some patients report feeling a warm, tingling sensation.
Why Choose Profound Over Other Skin Tightening Treatments?
You have many options when it comes to facial skin tightening. Patients seeking dramatic, long-lasting results may opt for a surgical facelift. However, Profound is a great solution if you want to appear more youthful and fit without surgery or lengthy downtime. Here are some key benefits:
- Safe, nonsurgical approach to smoother, tighter skin
- Natural-looking results in just a single session
- Stimulates collagen production to rejuvenate skin
- Lifts and volumizes the face and neck
- Smooths jawlines and jowls
- Contours the abdomen, arms, and legs
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite
- Requires virtually no maintenance or recovery time
How Does Radiofrequency Skin Tightening Differ From Microneedling or Laser?
Conventional microneedling, laser treatments, and radiofrequency energy treatments are all great options for improving skin quality and texture. Each treatment stimulates collagen production to restore the skin’s appearance. However, laser treatments typically penetrate only the upper layers of the dermis. A Profound microneedling treatment takes skin rejuvenation one step further by delivering fractionated energy deep into the skin at a targeted temperature and for a specific duration. This helps us achieve more “profound” and customized results than microneedling alone.
How To Maximize Your Profound Skin Tightening Results
Most patients notice some results within 1 or 2 weeks, with significant improvement 6 to 8 weeks following treatment. Patients with good skincare habits who receive periodic maintenance treatments can expect their results to last for years!
You are likely to get the best results from skin tightening if you:
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Eat a nutritious, balanced diet
- Practice a good daily skincare routine
- Protect your skin from the sun
- Pair Profound microneedling with complementary nonsurgical treatments such as fat reduction with CoolSculpting® or Kybella® or volumizing with dermal fillers (according to your specific needs)
- Continue to see us for periodic maintenance treatments
A facelift isn’t your only option for skin tightening in the lower face and neck. If you’re interested in facial skin rejuvenation without surgery, request a consultation or call us at (208) 676-8346.