Message from Kevin M. Johnson, MD, FACS
We are re-opening our Advanced Aesthetics medical clinic to patient care on May 4, 2020.
We will begin seeing small numbers of patients in the Coeur d’ Alene, ID office for follow-ups, consultations, cosmetic medical and surgical procedures. We are relying on the guidelines set forth by the State of Idaho, the American College of Surgeons, and local and state departments of health. Decisions about our practice and your care are being made with research, discussions with the State of Idaho and calm and careful thought. We will continue to work to ensure your needs are met while protecting the health and safety of our patients and employees. We will also continue to monitor real time data and recommendations and will proceed based on our best interpretation of information available from multiple sources.
Welcome back! We are so glad to see you again. I want to reassure you that my team and I at Advanced Aesthetics are here to support you, care for you, and keep you and our employees safe. When possible, we encourage you to use our virtual consultation process, which has worked very well during office closure. Online paperwork will be used as much as possible to reduce appointment and waiting times.
To minimize risk to everyone who enters our practice offices we are taking the following proactive measures to protect the well-being of our patients and our team members for the foreseeable future and will adjust as needed. We aim to make your visit as comfortable and seamless as possible with a few new physical distancing and infection control precautions and policies:
Before your appointment:
- Directing team members to stay home if they are feeling sick and/or if they are caring for someone with illness and contact their primary physician’s office for the appropriateness of testing and treatment
- Asking patients to stay home if they aren’t feeling well and contact their primary physician’s office for the appropriateness of testing and treatment
- We are taking temperatures of staff and patients on entry to our office
- We are asking patients to answer screening questions upon arrival to the office (i.e. recent or current cough, fever, chills, severe fatigue, shortness of breath and living with or close contact with someone with a known infection or the above symptoms)
- Excusing patients from being treated if they are ill on arrival, fail screening questions, or are not compliant with our enhanced care policies, referring patients to PMD for evaluation and testing if needed
- Performing enhanced cleaning practices with antibacterial and antiviral cleaning products in our offices daily and between patients
During your appointment:
- Direct rooming of patients on arrival
- Limiting total number of people in our office to 10. If we are at capacity, we will ask you to wait in your car and we will text you when we are ready for your scheduled appointment
- We are insisting that patients only come into the office for treatment. Refrain from bringing any family or friends to your appointments in order to maintain the physical distancing protocol described
- Reinforcing hand washing — staff wash their hands frequently with soap and water between each patient
- AA staff will be wearing face masks and we are asking our patients to wear masks when the procedure being performed allows the patient’s face to be covered. You may wear your own mask or one will be provided for you.
Advanced Aesthetics will notify patients of any necessary changes to our daily schedules. When this time of heightened vigilance abates, these extra precautions will be relaxed. If you have any question or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for coming back to see us, we look forward to seeing you! We can’t wait to take care of you.
Kevin M. Johnson, MD, FACS
Can hardly wait to meet you and your staff. Thank you for such a warm felt letter.
Thanks Becky, we can’t wait to meet you too!